cue the cliches now: "as one door closes another opens" "as one chapter ends another begins"
I am officially finished with college and it is bittersweet. Bittersweet in a way that some of the best times in my short life have happened while in college. This whole thing feels pretty anticlimactic being that the majority of the past 5 years of my life have been revolving around academics. It really hasn't hit me yet to my surprise, maybe because it's the time of year or maybe it will hit me when that ceremony comes around.
Just like life you have your roller-coaster ride through certain things and my college life was no different. Plenty of memories, lot's of friends, more than enough exams, and tons of alcohol are just a few aspects of the ride.
Everything has drawn to a close as of late. Last Thursday was my last day as an intern at 944. I truly am going to miss working that office and with those people. A young, hip, out-going office was such a fun atmosphere to work at and going to something different will take time to adjust. Just in case i look back on this entry some day i want to remember the people there:
*Richard- my main man, thee guy that helped me get the internship "events assistant"
*Nicole- executive assistant, my boss, sweet and nice
*Mike S.- 944's big boss, all approval went through him
*Sal Wise- spyonvegas.com assistant, awesome guy, always fun to work with, majority of time was spent with him over the summer and open bar
*Sullivan- photographer/distribution manager, talked with him a lot. chill/funny guy, always looking for women.
*David- "real world seattle" spyonvegas.com marketing director
*Troy- sales, super chill awesome guy. helped me get a job.
*sarah- sales
*noah- fashion-savy
*weezy- trade picks-ups
*danny- dj at the get back.
*jeremiah- tyku
*emma- writer/fashionista
Joe- lvpp, pro snowboarder
josh- lvpp sales,
I will miss the the college atmosphere also. The last couple of weeks walking around made me realize the little things that i will be missing, but I will save that list for another day hopefully soon.
I've actually got a job lined up when I come back from my vacation to europe which feels reassuring. Not many people have that opportunity and I feel very fortunate to be have that. I decided on staying in Las Vegas opposed to moving back to cali. As much as I wanted to go back I had opportunities out here and this city has grown on me. Starting to have a consistent group of people I can hang out with and have made a good group of friends helped make the decision a bit easy.
I know everytime I go back or people from home visit, we can pick up right where we left off. As much time I don't see the friends or family I know it will always be a guranteed good time when we do get together
I can't complain about anything right now and as things have been good as of late. Sometimes when things are going so well you expect something to bring you back down to keep you grounded but I feel very blessed to be where I am right now and know things can change at any time...
3 comments:
congrats marc! i wanna visit you in vegas when 40/40 club opens up!
congrats, man!
Post a Comment