Friday, May 14, 2010

Current TV

On my down time when I am not working, job hunting, or hanging with friends/gf I've really been into the Documentary show Vanguard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_TV)

If you go to youtube and go their page you can catch all the seasons episodes, I'm not that much of a bum to have seen all the episodes...yet, but I'm doing my best to because I enjoy the informative series and the approach they take to bringing the stories. Maybe because I'm a young adult (that's still weird to say) and they don't come off as a pompous news crew that you find on any major network television show.

The episode below is just one of many and I am looking forward to the premiere of the Laura Ling episode where she was captured in North Korea for several months.

Thoughts on the episode below (probably should read after you or if you watch episode below):

I feel very fortunate to not be part of any of the statistics in relations to debt that most college graduates face, but other aspects of the documentary I can relate with. I have been blessed with amazing parents who were/are able to put 3 young kids through college and I pray I can do the same in another chapter later in my life.

There was segment towards the end where one of the kids was talking about how "our generation" encourages "to do what you love" yet you witness some people fall on their face if they do what they love. I know you can also look at in from the other side and say "at least I gave it a try" there is always a discussion for both sides of the story.

After watching the episode, it kind of gives you a kick in the butt "what are you doing in your life?" And maybe I should not be writing this blog as I write as I can be doing more productive things. This episode was filmed 3 years ago and is still relevant today as we/you/I are part of this generation as I speak. Time to get back to work...







No comments: