Before you read this do yourself a favor and play ,Drake "Hold on we're going home"
It’s
hard to begin how to describe the experiences, emotions, and memories
that were created in 4 days in what I have described to people as
paradise. I say paradise because coming home I had never felt so
depressed or dejected to come back to reality and it seems like my
travelmates share the same sentiments with our groupme chat. I know it’s
a #firstworldproblem saying that but I don’t take it for granted.
I
sit here with a beer in hand and have Drake on repeat on what seems to
be the theme song of the weekend in my opinion since it’s the hottest
jam, “Hold on, We’re Going Home.”
Los
Cabos a.k.a Cabo San Lucas a.k.a “Cabo” the main reason for this
destination was our friend Kathleen’s wedding. My group of friend’s most
of whom I’ve known since middle school well over 15 years, for the
first time traveled together to an international location (I consider it
California’s neighbor to the south, but Sean would consider it
international). Coming from different parts of the country to convene in
Los Cabos is something I would never have imagined 5-10-15 years ago. I
have to admit I never really saw the appeal on going to Cabo but my
eyes have been opened.
What
was supposed to be a destination wedding for most of us turned out to
be a high on life. From the picturesque views of the rock formation, Sea
of Cortez meeting Pacific Ocean and white sandy beaches I literally
said to myself “ I ain’t got to worries.”
One
of the things that made the trip was it was “all inclusive.” Instead of
getting lost on a huge ship for a cruise the resort was intimate enough
to find each other but spacious enough to not feel constrained. The
endless amount of alcohol is the cherry on top and we can all agree that
the “dirty monkey” was a hit for all of us.
I’ll
use the cliche “time standing still” because as I was in each moment
from the weekend I made sure to take a minute and look around appreciate
and understand I was blessed to be surrounded with good people in an
amazing place. The view I made sure to look at constantly was the ocean
view of “El Arco De Cabo San Lucas.” When I first viewed it my heart
skipped a beat and we described it as looking at a movie set wall from
the Truman Show.
No
matter where we go from here 5-10-15 years from now as friends and
family those moments in Los Cabos are memories that we can all look back
on and say we experienced paradise together.
1 comment:
A weekend full of high love and emotion indeed!
Post a Comment