Friday, March 13, 2015

The Beginning of the End.

The end of the deployment is coming to an end as each day passes. Our reliefs will be here in less than 2 weeks. Due to operational security measures I won't give any specific dates. My entries may be shorter than normal going forward till I get back as I'll be posting from my tablet and it doesn't have the same feel as typing on a keyboard. It has been a busy week at work as one of our patient from the last mascal was very sick. Lots of meds were needed to be made daily and around the clock but luckily we got him out to a higher level of care.

I shipped out my gorilla box (plastic container) of belongings back home all non essential items and things I collected during the deployment. In there was my laptop with hard drive so no onrop going forward :( it's amazing I came here with 3 full sea bags and I still needed an extra container for all my new stuff. I was 1 pound under the maximum weight for shipment I didn't even get a  chance to weigh before hand so I was lucky.

I had a McDonald's cheeseburger yesterday! Can't remember the last time I ate one but it was a little taste of 'Murica. Danny and Ehren are 2 Of the USO workers who are married to each other.  Great couple and they make volunteering at the uso fun and pleasant. They just got back from vacation their layover was in Dubai. Kind enough to bring back cheeseburgers for some of the volunteers. No difference in taste despite coming from dubai tasted just like back home. Couldn't help but think about all the good food I get to eat again soon.

As we are coming to the end I'm reflecting back on this journey and appreciating the little things from what little time we have left here. More and more trying to have meals with people. Start of deployment we did this but once we got into our own routines it was more taking food out to go back to our rooms. As much as we're ready to get home, a few months from now we're going to say we miss it.

No comments: