As a sports fan I like to follow all kinds, from the pro-level to even the high school level. High school athletes are the future so why not get ahead of the wave and try to get to know them before they become the next "Kobe" lebron" "LT" and "MJ"
There is a high school prep team out here in the suburbs of Las Vegas making a splash on the national scene. At one point ranked #1 in the nation by USA today, currently #2 19-0 FINDLAY PREP. Most power house prep schools are on the east coast most notably Oak Hill whose alumni consist of MANY NBA players like Carmelo Anthony and Josh Smith just to name a few.
But in just 3 years of its' existence they are recruiting players all over the nation and representing the west-side of the nation. They have players this season committed to UNLV, Texas, and Illinois. I've been wanting to catch one of their games this season but the timing has been off, but hopefully soon it will happen.
I mention this in my blog because one of the players came by today D.J. Richardson, Guard, 6'3, and committed to Illinois. It was so much fun to chat with this kid (who i thought was 22 years old) on how the school is, him leaving home (chicago) to play ball out here, living in vegas, and traveling the country. I could have chatted with him forever but had to get to work. I said I hope to catch one of his games soon and good luck with everything.
There haven't been too many famous or celebrities in the store, but it was cool to chat with this guy who i probably will be seeing if not next year but a few years down the road on espn or the NCAA tourney playing ball for Illinois. BTW, Jinky Pacquiao came into the store last week with Manny's newborn son!! Rumor has it fight is off with Hatton because Manny got greedy.
Well enjoy this youtube video on the 411 of Findlay Prep.
No comments:
Post a Comment