Sunday, January 18, 2009

Out with the old, in with the CHANGE!

As our nation embarks on a new page in history on January 21, 2009 (Barack Obama's Inauguration) I can't help but sit back and appreciate the movement I have seen behind the following of this one man.

As my friend Freddy put it, "maybe they should rewrite the bible and replace Jesus with Barack." Haha LOL! I mean this guy let's out a breath of air millions will breath it and listen to it, a simple smile bring thousands to tears, and finally bring millions hope for change.

There is so much riding on this man's shoulder you would think he is Jesus with so many people hoping for him not to resurrect from the dead but resurrect this economy, this country, and finally our American spirit! All these references he is doing to the past i.e. Lincoln and MLK are great and all but I believe years from now when he is out of office, we will be looking back at him as one of the greatest as well. We all heard MLK's "I Have a Dream Speech" and years from now we'll be talking about Obama's....? Who knows what speech because every single speech he gives I'm all ears and all eyes towards him.

This video is long over due, but I feel so thankful, grateful, blessed to have listen to this man speak live and in person. I mean, you see it on t.v., read about it in the papers/online, and hear about through word of mouth, but it pales in comparison to being surrounded by thousands of people listening to this man President Obama!

Las Vegas Rally for President September 17, 2008


No comments: