Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fly By

November and December came and went and that pretty sums up the holiday season and the last two months of the year. I worked Thanksgiving day again and that's just the way the cookie crumbles with the 12 hour shift. I just wish that the LPO would take notice on people who work the holidays and work something out. Can't complain too much though considering I am close to home unlike most of my shipmates here in 29 Stumps.

Got my first haircut from my good friend Matt at his school and I can honestly say he did an amazing job on my cut for the first time.

Uncle Manuel passed suddenly and San Diego people rolled 30 deep to Union City to pay our respects. I am not related to him by blood but he is Auntie Edna's husband and he definitely made an impact in my life and most of the Morales family. He will always be remembered as telling his racist/sexual jokes and family gatherings. He was kind of enough to let me stay at his place when my dad and I first looked at UNLV when I was considering going there. It was definitely good to see the bay area family and be up there. I drove up with Grandpa Remy and haven't done that drive since 2002 when we visited Helen.

The holiday season felt long considering Christmas and New Year Day fell in the middle of the week sandwiched in between weekends.

Babies, Babies, Weddings I do adore (jay-z "girls") My friends and my age demographic fit the "life schedule" as you can say and I am happy for all of them  truly. I can honestly say that I do not feel the pressure to fit the mold. Not saying I wouldn't want it one day but this Me now, I am happy where I'm at. I've got amazing parents who support me, amazing friends, and a job where I'm not miserable at. I'm doing me and you do you.











No comments: