Thursday, January 16, 2014

There's a new sheriff in town

I am back on that night shift for a few months and I voluntarily chose to do it. It's a change of pace and I'd rather do it now than later in the year. A new senior enlisted checked in and she is straight from RDC school so we have to be on top of our game and not as much BS.

First big purchase of the year? Going to Coachella! I've always wanted, though, wished I was going and instead of letting another year go by I pulled the trigger and am going with a good group (Rick, Brett, Genica, Conrad, and others).

Before the 2013 Chargers season Tony asked me "how do you think the Chargers will do?" I said 8-8 and we will make the playoffs. Throughout the season it looked like I was going to be wrong but in the end we made the playoffs. Proud of what they accomplished and it felt good to be on the winning side of things again. Random story: At church last Saturday I was with my sister and Richard. Tina mentioned the Rivers family was there so we purposely found them and sat behind the family. For the "peace be with you" I bumped Tina out of the way to make sure I shook one of the family members hand for that "bolo" power.

Not sure if I should sleep right now or try and stay up to keep the night shift schedule on schedule.

No comments: