Friday, October 10, 2014
1 Book Down, More To Go
In what has to be record time for me I finished a 735 page book in 2.5 weeks. I have the time to do it here so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Deception Point by Dan Brown is the book and I randomly came across it at one of the many shelves that have donated books here on base. Every time I pass a shelf I am always scanning to see if anything catches my attention. The only reason I picked this one up was author recognition from Da Vanci Code and Angels & Demons. I understand now why those books developed a strong fan base among readers as you flow the though the words and breeze through pages with ease. Cliche to say the least but I couldn't put it down and have become a Dan Brown fan. I've actually moved on to my next read which is The Giver by Lois Lowry. The reason behind this choice was I remember back in high school this was on some English literature class reading list. Although I didn't read it myself I remember hearing good things about it so picked this one up.
Having spin class with drawls missing the beat of the music and sweat. Looks like it'll be another week till I can make it to class due to a slight change in the work schedule. This week seems to have gone quick much to my surprise which just means one day closer to my favorite foods back home! Speaking of food, it was crab legs night and made a point to make it back. Only special meal I've been missing out on is hamburger day since it's usually served at lunch and I'm usually sleeping.Writing to to write for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You into reading any non-fiction? You hear about that guy Rafe Bartholomew who went to the PI and wrote about how much the people there love basketball? It's not exactly Da Vinco Code, but I really enjoy it.
Let me know if you're interested, I'll ship it from Amazon to you! As for that other "care package" we discussed, I still need to get on top of that.
Sean: I am into non-fiction and have heard of that book. I have an abundant amount of books at my disposal right now and am good for the moment. I appreciate the thought though.
As for the other "care package" don't worry about it anymore I have found ways :)
Post a Comment