Thursday, January 15, 2015
Less Than 90 Days
Less than 100 Days Like I mentioned in my last post the count down is on and many of us are starting to feel the itch to get home. After lots of unknowns if we were going to be the last one’s to close shop here or not they decided on another group to come in and close and that group has been identified. It’s all a matter of them making it through training and getting here. I still take it one shift at a time, day by day, and week by week try not to get ahead of myself.
I have been looking into traveling abroad for a vacation when I get back hopefully all falls into place soon. I haven’t traveled abroad since my Europe trip with cousin Jamie in 2007-2008.
As much as we miss home at times the little things we do together here is what helps pass the time and makes each other’s company enjoyable. For example the NFL playoffs we’ve got Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys, and Panthers fans. One of our nurses is like the “mother” figure for all of us here always asking how we are doing, taking care of her nurses etc. is a huge Packers fan. She setup a viewing party in the conference room for everyone who was working that night (game against Cowboys 1030PM) with Packers gear and snack spread that was unbelievably good with what we have. I told her I would to to come to her home in the states and see what kind of hosts she would be with more available. It was a good turn out of people despite a late game and it was in all good fun.
Another event that was set up randomly was an enlisted vs. officer flag football game. After someone had double booked the field we were forced off before even playing the game but instead of all leaving with many of us there we took advantage of the time and set up a sand volleyball game and basketball game. It was another great camaraderie builder between us all.
The other day one of the Filipino G3 workers made sinagang for us Filipino’s and I haven’t had it since September a good 4 months. I’d say it is my favorite Filipino dish as it is a simple soup that I have been eating since I was a kid. They say home cooked food warms the soul and for some reason as I was walking back to my workspace from eating the sinagang I found myself extra upbeat and cheerful for a few minutes. I really believe it was the comfort of having that dish that lifted my mood. I catch myself day dreaming of all the foods I want to eat when I get back In N Out, California Fries, sushi, Ballast Point Beer, my mom’s home cooked food, and Phil’s bbq.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment