Sunday, October 28, 2007

Vegoose Day 1

I was only able to go for three hours because I was working all day and wow, it was the best three hours of a show ever!!! This was only day 1, day 2 begins in a couple of hours!!! I just have to blog about yesterdays experience now because it was an experience of a lifetime that I want to always remember.

Sadly, I missed out on the shins, m.i.a., atmosphere, cypress hill, public enemy, and a few other ones but the last few acts were AMAZING!!

Queens of the Stone Age: caught the last few songs of their set. Not really into their music but the crowd was really into them and they rocked out.

Federico Aubele: Described as latin/dub/trip-hop this group was sick!! good beats, mix of up-tempo down-tempo, and although I did not understand a damn word besides "corazon" "mi amor" it did sound awesome.

Iggy and the Stooges: This guy is nuts! He knows how to work the crowd and damn he seemed so faded. I haven't heard much of his music before even though he is a music icon, but I did enjoy his crazy performance even though I didn't really like the music.

Thievery Corporation: So Sick!! Besides daft punk my second favorite performance of the night. The all around variety of their music and versatility brought a good vibe to the crowd.

Daft Punk: INSANE! Once in a lifetime experience at this show. The stage was one-of-a-kind along with the special effects. You just have thousand and thousands of people dancing and losing their selves to the best of the music. The special effects/lighting enhance the concert experience and go hand on hand. The fact that these two men are in robot outfits in a pyramid and having thousands of people follow their every move amazes me. There are rumors that this is their last time playing older songs or they might even be down as a duo and I am overjoyed to have seen them.

I have never experienced a music festival like this, I have always wanted to go to cachella, sxsw, or lalapalloza but could never shell out the money. Luckily with my internship I was able to get free tickets. Having experienced a festical like this just makes me want to go even more to the other ones.

If the comradere, different types of people, good music, good vibes, and good atmosphere are what music festivals are all about, I'm sure i will be going to a lot more. Oh, being it's called Vegoose I'd say 50% of the people were dressed up in costume which made it even cooler. So this is only day 1, day 2: muse, ghostland observatory, and rage are only a few of the acts i'm looking forward to.

This is what their stage looked like. Each of those triangles are lit with lights of different colors to the beat of their music.




Around The World Part 1 (the sound doesn't do the concert diligence, but this is what it looked like.)


Part 2


"One More Time" (I moved to the back of the crowd, so i could exit quickly)

No comments: