Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Substance

It was a slow day at the Sherm yesterday and my favorite co-worker and I were having some good conversations about music. He played in rock band and got pretty big in Cali and Florida even in Europe. He tells me stories about touring, how fun Europe was and his current projects.

I was telling him how awesome Rage was and Tom Morello's guitar playing. We were talking about how in todays music how evident it is that there is no substance to the music today. I know it is obvious, but everything out there is out there just to sound good. It's rare for a band of "substance" to come along and we were talking about the appreciation for it.

Rage Against the Machine and the Beatles are two bands that come to my mind where there is meaning to their songs, music, and lyrics. At the same time they make it sound awesome. Why can't every musician do this because it brings such a greater appreciation to the music. Although Rage and the Beatles music is in the past their music and songs will never be outdated because today, tomorrow, and 10 years from now you still can relate and apply their music to whatever is going on in society.

As much as things have change it seems like policies, politics, and government decisions will be the constant in the future and these bands music will always be a voice of reason.

So i need to upgrade my text message plan. I went through about 90 messages in just 4 days! Texting is so much more convenient than calling people. I feel like i'm back in the PI.

Jerome leaves Friday :(

No comments: