My return to physical activity has gotten off to a good start, but this has been the case for long periods of layoffs before. This time it is a matter of keeping it up. I've ran about 12 miles in the past week and in the back of my mind is my life long dream to run a marathon. This of course has all been on the treadmill which is a whole different world than the pavement.
I'd have to start out small go 5K, 10K, 42K!? Another aspect of physical activity and contributing my part on trying to go green is I've rode my bike to the gym every time this past week. It's 8 min. or less ride with mostly flat road and not difficult at all so it gives me a good warm-up plus saves the start ups of the engine and putting the tiny 1-2 miles on my car.
The drawbacks of working weekends is I miss out on all or most sports events. Missed out on the first asian born golf player Y.E. Yang win a PGA Major Championship and the new a.k.a. tiger killa. Usain Bolt Jamaica's freakish athlete annihilate records, and a few of the pre-season games.
Half-way done with August, over half-way done with 2009, let's go!
No comments:
Post a Comment