Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Final Liberty

Got in my last good run at the track here at 5 am pushed 4 miles out. I will miss this track as it was one of thee best I have ever ran on. After taking care of last minute travel briefs out of here we went on our final Liberty call. Although I wanted to rage and go out with a bang we kept it chill by eating at a pretty good Mexican restaurant (for South carolina). Prices were ridiculously cheap as I got a 32 oz of Dos Equis for $3.50! We watched Let's Be Cops and it was ok, had its funny moments but alright overall.

We finished the night at the Impact Zone on base with some pool and drinks realizing this is our last night of freedom off base.

As we prepare to move forward from NIACT it has been a memorable experience overall. I can't wait to post pictures and videos. Our group grew personally and individually making great strides along the way to push each other forward. We lost one member unfortunately due to injury but the alternate will be now coming. The comroderie has built at each training stop along the way and hopefully it continues as we get into theater. The journey there is going to be long and arduous but it's just another hurdle we shall pass to get in theater.

About one month later, 3 different training sites, countless long days, and lots of sweat along the way the meat and potatoes of this deployment is about to begin. Ready and excited to move forward but will always be remembering what will be back here in Murica.

No comments: