Sunday, August 10, 2014

New Adventure

Day 1 of my new adventure started early 0400 to be exact. Said my "see you later" to my parents, sister, and Richard. There must have been some onions in the airport cause I teared up just a little but not too bad.

Flight to Houston was smooth sailing despite a rowdy bunch of middle aged white people who seemed a little buzzed. Although most people would've found them obnoxious they were funny. Was able to sleep but there was no in flight entertainment which left me disappointed damn you United and your friendly skies.

Quick bite to eat at the Houston airport passed on the WhatABurger because I'm from California B#!CH! Jk, IN N OUT is way better and I had already tried WhatABurger before.

Being in the military it's easy to spot "who's in" and active there were quite a few on both my flights. On my way to Houston I sat next to a sailor who is stationed in Point Loma his rate is Mine Man. Now this guy has experienced the real navy in my opinion. Was on a submarine saw the Arctic, Japan, Africa, and the Middle East. Pretty envious of the things he has seen but it is what it is.

Into our conversation he didn't "come out" bluntly that he was gay but was implied subtly and from that point on couldn't tell if he was trying to get at this asian persuasion.

Arrived into Norfolk and couldn't help notice how green it was from above. The airport was smaller than I imagined considering it is the "San Diego" of the east in terms of the Navy. Tried exploring the base and finding the gym but it was closed so kept running around and found the NEX.

Prepped by things for processing tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some hits on some special app considering I have my  own room ;)




No comments: