Monday, August 25, 2014

West coast to east coast...again

After 8 days in Camp Pendleton we got up 0300 to start our journey back to the east coast again previously arriving from Virginia this time South Carolina is the destination. My group had a layover in Atlanta and on the flight there I enjoyed the movie chef. One regret I have this year was when I was in LA visiting the homeboy Sean I was actually at the Grove when they had the pop up shop El Jeffe that they used in the movie. After having the best Cuban sandwich back in NYC at Cafe Havana I've grown to like them a lot. Jon Favreau is an experienced veteran who directs and acts. He knows how to balance a movie perfectly with humor, "feel good moments", and entertainment. I have to say that Delta has stepped up their game in terms of flight experience. I have flown that carrier twice to the east coast and it has been nothing short of perfect. They know how to make economy class feel like first in my opinion.

Fort Jackson, SC 23AUG14

Immediately stepping off I definitely felt the humidity of the south. We got settled in fairly late enough time to just unpack and even fit In a quick gym session. Although it was the weekend I didn't think there would be much to do I  terms of training but surprisingly they had a brief for us. They had two Afghanistan Americans acclimate us to Afghani culture and oh boy they sure did teach me a thing or two.

The socio dynamic of our Camp Pendleton has taken a turn. Although we still have the foundations we built upon we have integrated with other personnel who are also deploying and have increased to a group of 120 now mixed with different rates and jobs. Just means more people to talk to and extend the network net out.

No comments: